Sunday, February 26, 2023

Suicide!

"I don't call that, 'being selfish,'" said my Philosophy friend about the financial crisis of 2008 , "I call that, 'being psychotic.'"

"You say that like it's a bad thing!"

When I was healthy I suspect I was frequently psychotic. In hindsight I wish I'd taken better care of others. 

In the hospital there was at least one patient who attempted suicide. The nurses didn't know what to do with this guy. On the one hand his life was going to be a difficult slog. On the other hand, he tried to kill himself, man!

I don't know if I'd commit suicide if I were in his moccasins. I do know I'd be sunk without the help of others, many of them complete strangers to me. 

Here is the late Larry Norman singing "Song To A Small Circle Of Friends." Here is what I currently think of Larry Norman and Greg Thornbury's book. And this is The Rolling Stones performing "Tumbling Dice" in 1972, when I was just a kid listening to George Beverly Shea on my parents' green hifi. 

No comments: