Monday, February 27, 2023

Digital!

In the various Metal concerts I attended the bands were often beholden to something digital. As my musician buddy pointed out, "Digital is its own artform."

Certainly not all the bands did this, and I can remember one time when the entire band seemed out-of-sync with their Digital Overlord. The drummer delivered this massive, "THWOP!" and everybody got back in-sync again. 

Besides Metal, Accoustic and Jazz love digital. But you can hardly blame Devin Townsend for ditching the digital clip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that word THWOP…onomatopoeia at its best.Did you coin that word,Darrell?

Whisky Prajer said...

I won't take credit for "THWOP" -- I suspect Don Martin from MAD Magazine reached this onomatopeia first (he usually did).

-- Darrell R.