Sunday, December 18, 2022

THE IRISHMAN dir Martin Scorsese writ Steven Zaillian

In many ways The Irishman on Netflix is a typical Martin Scorsese movie. It stars Robert De Niro as a fellla in an Old Folks Home who now realizes he has gained the world and lost his soul. For over three hours I was never bored, in other words. When it comes to old men I would rather watch Scorsese deepfake than other directors and their latex rubber and phony costumes. 

So don't give me this!

I see Goodfellas and The Wolf of Wall Street are streaming. If you haven't already, see those. Then watch The Irishman. 

1 comment:

dpreimer said...

The picture is from Mister Saturday Night, the stage performance, which I've not seen. I've seen the movie, though. I would rather watch The Addams Family Values again.