Saturday, September 24, 2022

GODLESS, dir. Scott Frank

During the first episode I was afraid this was golng to devolve into another "Woke"-lahoma, in which we were lectured just how bad the white man is. Don't get me wrong, we've got a lot to apologize for -- and apologizing is just the beginning. But if I wanted to feel badly I'd go to church (and I'm a church-goer -- you should be, too (see?)). Hey, I'm just watching TV! 

I needn't have worried. The show is Godless, it's a Netflix mini-series directed by Scott Frank and it's perfectly bingeable. 

"Best consumed on a Sunday morning, acksh-lee,"

Scott Frank also co-created a little thing called The Queen's Gambit. Both can --  and should -- be binged on Netflix. I'll remember this interview; maybe you will too. 

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

I'd never heard about this show before, but you've got me Googling it. Sound interesting.

dpreimer said...

GODLESS and Scott Frank are OK in my books. Heck, I'm even checking out LOGAN now.