Sunday, July 10, 2022

Re: covery

Choir -- a non-starter. I sound bad. I used to sound good -- as in Mennonite basso good. Now I just sound bad

Oscar Isaac -- I'm watching Moon Knight the same comic book that a young Bill Sienkiewicz  cut his teeth on in the early '80s. (Yeah, I remember, Bill. Hey, Dear Reader, you should follow him on Facebook. He's not fussy (witness...)). The Corporate Rodent gets Disassociative Identity Disorder (DID) wrong (it's kinda the flavour-of-the-month in TV-land) but Oscar gets the character of Marc Spector. And any soundtrack with Engelbert Humperdinck is bad in a good way (unlike my singing (or guitar playing -- about which, more later) which is just plain bad). 

I watch Moon Knight on Disney+. 

"Ramble On," Led Zeppelin -- how does a song which doesn't make a lick of sense last over 50 years? Rick Beato lays it all down. 


"Hey, Google: what are the best headphones to practice guitar in?" Boss Waza-Air rates a mention, but only just. After that it's Sennheiser, Audio-Technica and other expensive brands. I mention Sennheiser HD 650 because I already have the Yamaha THR10c and as with other THR amps placement is all. If you're not standing in the "sweet spot," forget it. There's no tube "feel," nothing. It just sounds tinny. Try tilting it up, or something. Or mebbe try expensive headphones!

Linux -- it's ridiculously easy. If you already have an old laptop, tablet, whatever why wouldn't you give it a try? I don't know where it's got this difficult "programmer's" reputation from. 

And lastly , John Darko is worth following. Entirely out of my price range, but worth following. 

No comments: