Tuesday, July 12, 2022

"FIRE!"

The Hamilton Fire occurred across the street from me. And yet it kinda wasn't a big deal? 

It was hot and windy. I heard sirens around four o'clock. I could smell the fire when the wind blew a certain way, but that was rare. The wifi came down as did the Internet and cable. So did power. 

One girl checked all the rooms, another called my wife. I lay back, put on the cans and listened to Led Zeppelin. Like I said: no trouble. 

When the power came back up I videoed the wife and kids and did my best Stevie from "Malcolm In The Middle" -- one breath per word, and a wheelchair. White as the driven snow, but what are you gonna do? I'm just glad to be alive. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice…..

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are, too, Darrell! And I hope it was vintage Zep🎸🥁

dpreimer said...

What other kind of Zep is there? Although given these old ears of mine they were recently knob-fiddled by Jimmy Page.