Monday, April 17, 2023

WHO'S NEXT in cassette tape

I associate Who's Next with springtime at Ontario Bible College (OBC).

I can't remember who I borrowed Who's Next from but it was definitely somebody at OBC, and I figured enough was enough — it was time for me to go to downtown Toronto and purchase my first and only commercially recorded cassette (besides Moxy Früvous, whose first commercial release was cassette only (and bad!)). For the most part I preferred Maxell and TDK recordings of the LP record (only Chromium cassettes need apply). I hate to say it, but today's sound files are a huge improvement over the cassette recording. 

Now that I think of it I also borrowed Pink Floyd's The Wall on home cassette at OBC. I would open the windows of our dormitory room and blast the music. A Residence Counselor came flying in. "Turn that down! Someone might hear it!" (Um, kinda the point? (Yeah, don't do the world any favors, young Prajer)).

Another WP link: I came to Toronto for the music

No comments: