Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Medical cannabis — it’s “high” time I practice what I preach

Cannabis — I used to water and harvest the stuff.

The plants looked nothing like this. 

Today I would rather get needles to my forearm, my neck, and my face to manage the pain than take cannabis at all.

I suspect those of us who have enjoyed marijuana recreationally might fall into the exact same trap as those who have avoided cannabis their whole lives. We think we’re so cool, but rather than see the cannabis state as an alternative (and very temporary) state of being we do not see it as helpful in any way at all. My mother must be spinning.

Stay tuned! Plus: here's the Wiki for Billy Sunday, a man quite literally after my own heart. 

He looked like this -- ALL the time. 

6 comments:

paul bowman said...

To this day I’ve never had occasion to touch the infernal plant. (Several years a resident of Forest Hills, and now for several more living in Hyde Park, I’ve certainly become familiar with the odor upon the breezes.) Weed virginity might be lost yet, who knows. I wouldn’t bet on it. If I do get to the end with streak intact, somebody please have them put it on the gravestone: ‘He was so cool.’

paul bowman said...

I had that Wikipedia page for Sunday up for a few days just last month. Giving a little thought now to the rabbit hole that led me there. Might have more to say in an email, not sure yet. Keep it coming please!

Whisky Prajer said...

You are probably not going insane" (emphasis mine )-- words you do not want to hear when you are too high.

paul bowman said...

Perfectly appropriate expression of greeting on meeting one’s fellow American in the street these days, on the other hand. (Only the polite thing, then, to first gently inquire whether they’re high or what you’re smelling at the moment is just the breeze.)

paul bowman said...

Have now to mention that I’ve stumbled on this, only moments ago, via what I swear was entirely unrelated image search (it was fauna not flora!). Unspeakable. Amazing. (‘You are probably not going insane.’)

Whisky Prajer said...

"They're not sending us their best!" I hope it's not too soon.