Highest of the Highlights: The Prairie Cemetery, parts I, II, III; Postcard From Maine; Father(s) and Daughter Gone Haywire; The Monks' Bad Habits.
- The Prairie Cemetery -- parts one, two, three.
- Politics -- whither the power of persuasion?
- Politics -- Men In Beards: The Marxist Edition.
- Postcard From Maine -- update: store's closed.
- Angry Mennonites -- Am I one? Yes. And yes again. Except when I'm not.
- Apocalypse: When? The world was supposed to end, dammit.
- Floyd Gottfredson -- the corporate rodent, yet again.
- Martinis: Shaken, Not Stirred -- Galahads: bloodied, not pampered.
- Swinging The Bawdy Eclectic -- with Sleigh Bells, Updike, DFW.
- The Hitman's Guide To Housecleaning -- enter the Croatian naif.
- How Should A Person Be? -- Sheila Heti's book got a lot of love, just not from me.
- Old School, Tobias Wolff -- loved it (hm -- a timely reminder to self: check out his other stuff).
- Carnivàle -- the first viewing. BTW, my speculation regarding the series' narrative direction? Completely wrong.
- TV Hits (And Misses) -- it's a family affair.
- Father(s) and Daughter Gone Haywire -- Soderbergh, Dobbs, Carano: I loved it (would, in fact, add it to my list of 15).
- Skyfall -- words cannot convey my disappointment in, and final loathing of, that movie. But I gave it a shot.
- Japanese Remastered CDs -- I finally bought one.
- Country Club & Quonset Hut -- two varieties of brand new old-time country.
- "You gotta problem, America?!" -- Andre Williams will get you to roll up your windows.
- Bad Habits, The Monks -- wait: this is punk?
- Meshell Ndegeocello's tribute to Nina Simone.
- Donald Fagen, Sunken Condos.
- Oversights Of A Musical Nature -- brother, I could devote an entire blog to this.