- Frisbee: The Life & Death Of A Hippie Preacher -- probably the most personally thought-provoking doc I've seen in the last 10 years.
- Lost To The Vinyl Tar-Pits -- three fab records I'd love to see back in rotation.
- Bach: Cello Suites, Anne Gastinel -- still a revelation.
- The Supersuckers, Motherfuckers Be Trippin' -- still a revelation.
- The Summer Soundtrack -- disc one, disc two. Big hit with the whole family, that year.
|Nobody looking? Time for some Mark Allan Powell...|
- Sometimes I go to one of those bookstores where I hope I don't run into somebody I know, and I buy material I hope nobody ever catches me reading . . .
- King Leary -- Paul Quarrington's once-neglected comic novel experienced a well-deserved comeback.
- The Uncullables -- Buechner & Dostoevsky.
- Sway, Zachary Lazar -- mining the Stones.
- The Crystal Cave, Mary Stewart -- the first volume in Stewarts' Arthurian Trilogy is a remarkable book.
- Whatever happened to The Hug-and-Kiss Novel?