- Still Fond Of The Mouse -- what's not to love?
- Penn & Teller's Magic & Mystery Tour -- not a movie, but well worth a viewer's attention.
- Up For It, Keith Jarrett Trio -- this disc has become a Christmas staple around here.
- The Inexorcisable John Gardner -- I still get the odd e-mail responding to this post.
- Sin City: It's Miller Time -- '05 was a banner year for some Frank Miller fans. I had reservations.
- Tijuana Straits by Kem Nunn -- one fan squawking, indeed. Nunn's latest, Chance, is terrific, btw. Highly recommended.
- Moon Palace by Paul Auster -- a novel I return to.
- Virtual Reality: Too Much Is Not Enough -- "getting the visuals right" remains a fixation for big-money video game developers who really ought to know better.
- I'm listing! My Top-Ten Most-Missed Californian Pleasures -- here.
- Off-line Revelations Rising -- what's Brian Eno got to do with bread-baking?
- Fresh Dialogue In The Star Wars Galaxy -- introducing Mr. Pah-ping!
- Masculinity -- thoughts on being a hetero-Menno dude (and dad (and P.K.)) in the 21st Century.
- The Artist -- a figure from my childhood.
- Pumpkin-Gutting -- sniffle.
- The Bookstore Lady -- God love you, Fran Pishker.
- A Good Crokinole Board Is Hard To Find -- Believe it or not, this post still generates the most Google traffic.
I'm starting my own cult.
- The Mennonite/Calvinist Drinking Game -- initiate with caution.