Here are a few posts from 12 years ago that still read not-too-badly.
- Mortality & The Mouse -- My first ode to the corporate rodent. I wrote it in my father's office, mid-visit in California. The florescent lighting, the massive colour monitor, the blue industrial carpeting . . . a flood of pedestrian sensational recollections surges through my brain, because good Lord -- were those ever heady times! Every word counted, I thought. Twelve years later, I'm more inclined to blurt and leave as is. Moving on...
|"...when the dog bites, when the bee stings...."|
- Honor Thy Sexual Partner -- I was some kind of impressed with the married sexuality portrayed in the Neeson/Lange Rob Roy flick. Still am, actually.
- Breakfast In Translation -- a compare-and-contrast piece I did on Sophia Coppola's Lost In Translation and Blake Edward's Breakfast At Tiffany's.
- Charlton Heston, Patrician Punchline. RIP.
- "Gangland Violence: CAAAAAAN You Dig It?!" -- Walter Hill's The Warriors is still a rewarding video treat.
- I'm Listing! My Top Ten Chuckle-Head Songs -- drollery of a musical scale.
- Robert E. Howard: The Plath Of Pulps -- with a splash of lusty-gusty Ken Kelly art thrown in.
- Surfing The Mid-Life Tsunami -- some early thoughts on mid-life follies, specifically motorcycles and surfing.
- The Surf Is (Usually) Mightier Than The Pen -- more thoughts on surfing.
- Cage Match: Fussell, Eno, Lamott!! -- pretty much as described.
- Defying Gravity -- hey, I remember that!
- Jumping With New Shoes -- hey, I remember that, too!
- Modigliani: Beyond The Myth -- a memorable show, at the AGO in '04.
- The Mennonites: Your Patron Saints Of Mediocrity -- I felt a bit pissy toward my tribe after reading an account of a bunch of schlengls colluding with the Juárez Cartel. It's still going on.
- Whisky Prajer's Christmas Appeal -- read the book of Amos, for Christ's sake.