Thursday, January 04, 2007

Working Within The New Google© Envelope

After whining about my pilfered images getting blocked by Google© (including the Ubuntu trademark, which is especially ironic), it's a little disconcerting to wake up and see my re-posting of the infringing images completely intact. I was so convinced we had entered a new, stricter era of blogging, that I toiled all afternoon on artistic representations of the images in question. I've gone ahead and put them up on my original posting.

Now, please understand that I was using an Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), and not a Paintbox-type application. What I've tried to do is take the original commercial images and render them in a way that is subtly, but markedly different, thus putting me in the clear with the Google© Gestapo©™. Click here, and see if you can spot the changes.

4 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

Thus far, you're the only one I know who had images disappear. Maybe it was just a fluke? I went to blogger help and was reading about posting photos, and I didn't see any changes.

Anyway, keep us updated. I'm sure you've hit a nerve with all of us bloggers who use images regularly

Whisky Prajer said...

Aaaaaah, yer probably right. Even the BoingBoing people, who are supersensitive about such stuff, aren't saying boo.

So much for my career as a subversive.

Anonymous said...

Here's a blogger who was sued for using a logo.

Whisky Prajer said...

Yikes! Maybe I should have been nicer to poor geez...