Thursday, August 17, 2023

Re-watching LOGAN'S RUN

I remember reading the William F. Nolan and George Clayton Johnson paperback in the Pop Culture section at the front of the ILIF library. I have vague recollections of finally watching the movie on the family b+w television set in the kitchen. Some years later I saw it in Toronto on a colour TV set. I can still remember Jay Scott saying, "The filmmakers had two problems: a futuristic look, and getting Farrah Fawcett to act. They solved the first problem by shooting inside brand-new shopping malls in Dallas. The second one, well..."

It seems Logan 5 is an incel.

I have a friend who says he encountered Michael Yorke. Apparently Yorke's voice really carried. I'm sure this quality served Yorke well in the Austin Powers movies. 

Apparently Logan's Run was a television series that ran briefly in the '70s. I don't know anything about that, of course, but it was a big deal to Scholastic Books. 

No comments: