Friday, August 12, 2022

The ascension of Disney+

I've been taking the shoes to Disney+ but facts are facts

I had to live without Disney+ for a week and it was excruciating. 

I have a friend from bookstore days. She says that her boys cannot be arsed with Star Trek. As I cued up Netflix and watched Errand of Mercy for the umpteenth time, I realized if I were 12-years-old today that'd be me. Between the Star Wars Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe (both Disney "properties") I'd be gassing on about the mythological this-and-that without any care for the actual underpinnings (kind of like the older version of myself). 

As for Star Trek, never mind Bible stories: *pfft* -- forget it. 

The Mandela Effect begins... 

My wife fixed all the telly troubles. Do I begrudge this generation? If I'm honest -- yeah, just a little.

But that's for another post. In the meantime use the comments to tell me what a rotten person I am. 

No comments: