Saturday, June 11, 2022

STAR TREK: STRANGE, NEW WORLDS and ENTERPRISE: various directors and show-runners

 Most of this is from my other blog here. But it pertains

Somebody please explain SF hair to me. In the meantime I will enjoy Star Trek: Strange, New Worlds on Crave TV and Enterprise on Netflix. 

Star Trek always worked best as television. Enterprise is better than I remember, thanks chiefly to this list and Netflix's "skip credits"option. Leave all "Rod Stewart" jokes in the comments. 

As for Strange, New Worlds the jury is still out. Kirk, Spock and Uhura are present and accounted for but they are almost an afterthought kind of a big deal. Anson Mount as Christopher Pike is lots of fun. But please won't somebody explain SF hair to me. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I started trying to watch Star Trek Discovery season 1 (via streaming online websites in Vietnam), but couldn't make it through the first season. It was alright, but it didn't grab me, and all the mounting continuity problems started to irk me. I've now decided I just don't have patience for prequels, whether its Star Wars or Star Trek. Move me forward in the timeline, or don't waste my time.
That was all pre-kids. Now, I don't have for any TV series. Although maybe in a few years, I'll have some time to myself again.

I'm with you, however, on Star Trek Enterprise. Despite it being a sequel: http://joelswagman.blogspot.com/2012/10/star-trek-enterprisenot-that-bad.html

Whisky Prajer said...

Spend some time with your kid -- it'll reward you in Spades (sez the guy whose kids don't remember his slide horseplay AT ALL).

Whisky Prajer said...

"A vault was recently discovered filled with unheard Rod Stewart tapes. Scientists are trying to determine how this differs from his last four albums." Thank you, I'll be here all week! Try the steak!