Saturday, January 02, 2021

The Problem With Everything: My Journey Through The New Culture Wars, by Meghan Daum

The Problem with Everything: My Journey Through the New Culture WarsThe Problem with Everything: My Journey Through the New Culture Wars by Meghan Daum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There is a sub-cohort within my Gen-X cohort that, when confronted with the certitude of elders, peers, and now younger up-and-comers habitually asks, "Isn't it just a little more ... complicated?" Daum is a columnist of standing who recognizes her "day" was a short one to be sure, and just wants to leaven public inquiry with a little more doubt (and generosity) than is generally demonstrated. This isn't an air-tight intellectual platform by any stretch, but if it nudges the reader to check out her podcast and give gentle reconsideration to the most firmly held convictions ... not a bad thing, right?

View all my reviews  

No comments: