Monday, September 07, 2020

New wallpaper

I have an account with Heritage Auctions, mostly to keep track of comics art and the like. This cel from Star Trek: The Animated Series caught my eye and appealed to me -- not enough to place a bid on it, but I did download the image to use for my desktop wallpaper. ST:TAS was my introduction to canonical Trek, so this cel evokes some of the wonder that consumed me as a pre-teen. Also, it's aesthetically pleasing in its simplicity and direct execution.

2 comments:

Joel Swagman said...

The animated series was also one of my first introductions to Star Trek as well. Technically the movies in the 1980s were my first entrance point, but then after I became introduced to the series, I couldn't initially find it on TV. Except Nickelodian was re-running the animated series, so I used to get my Star Trek fix from the re-runs of the animated series for a period in the 1980s until I discovered when it was being shown on TV.

Like you, I have a hard time re-watching the animated series now. But like you, I get a lot of nostalgia from seeing the still images from the animated show.

...all of which is to say, I also find that image appealling.

Whisky Prajer said...

It's funny -- I have the series on DVD, but I've yet to bring myself to watch more than two episodes. And yet I put down the credit card for the latest book devoted to the series -- because pictures. The eyes want what they want, I guess.