- "Best Rock" lists are never without controversy, and this list is no exception: "The Best Band From Every State." Go ahead and see if "New York" doesn't raise your ire (like it did mine).
- "Who are you comparing us to? The Barenaked Ladies? Our music is entirely different. Nickelback? Avril?" RIP, Gord Downie.
- RIP, John Dunsworth -- "Mr. Lahey," to fans of The Trailer Park Boys. One of the hardest-working actors in Canada.
- "It's chaos; be kind" -- Patton Oswalt, living by his late wife's mantra.
- Further reflection on Blade Runner 2049 (with SPOILERS, of course): Priscilla Page caught the Nabokov reference, and ran with it; and John David Ebert ponders vulvic power and digital archaeology in my current favourite BR-2049 piece (via Erik Davis, natch).
|The allusion to Joseph K I got; the JOKE ("Joe K") I missed.|